Search This Blog

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Search Family History

I've been searching my ancestors.
It has been an interesting past week.

I have come across some things that I knew but did know.
There were links to the past that I had
that I could not link up until now.

About 20 years ago a lady wrote to me about her Dade linegage.
I had very little information about my Dade side.

This lady sent my obituaries of Dades in the Canton Mo area.
They did not click to me then.

As I have been researching on my Dade side.
I have been making progress.

I found out who my mother's father's mother's parents were.
They were Frances Ovrington and Isaac Dade.

Through farther research, I came to see Frances had 14 children.
I have located about 4 of them on the census.

There are a lot of people with similar names.
It is confusion in searching for who is who.

I have been piecing the puzzle together.
I have death records to search.

They have been a great home.
In some cases the parents are listed.

That was how I found out my Great Grandma's siblings.
That is nice to know.

My journey continues.
I thank God for the new leads.

No comments: