Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2022

#52Ancestors 52 Weeks Challenges For January 2023

 I was looking over the January themes for #52Ancestors 52 Weeks for 2023 by Amy Johnson Crow. 52 Ancestors in 52 weeks does sound overwhelming. There's a suggestion to try doing 12 ancestors with a theme one per month . Still, this way is more than a challenge for me.

We can share our challenges whatever way we choose to. It doesn't need to be a blog. It can be an email. We can post it on our social media sites. It's up to us. It can be long or short.  There is no wrong way to do it. 

You can post at anytime. You can never be late in sharing. You can change the theme for the week if you like. The point is to share our stories of our ancestors and relatives.  If you want to take part sign up at  Amy Johnson Crow's site here.

January time to share :themes.
Week  1  (Jan 1- 7  )  :  I'd Like to Meet
Week  2  (Jan 8 - 14)  : Favorite Photo
Week  3  (Jan 15 - 21) :Out Of Place
Week  4  (Jan 22 - 28):  Education 


For the first week:
I think I'll blog about my Great grandfather, Isaac BLAKER (1845 - 1917) or my Great Grandfather, Robert L. Lankford / Lankfard. (1852 - 1919). I do have a photo of each.  And if  I did the Out Of Place theme, I don't have an idea on that one yet. As for education, I can be creative. 

I'm glad that I have the list of themes to get my thoughts together. First, I start searching for ideas to do. But, I wait for the weekly email for ideas to journal. This is a great help. There have been times, I re did my blogs before I would share them for the week. I have extra blogs for future posts.

I notice that some of the 2023 have about 12 themes that were in post challenges. Like the theme favorite photo. This is my three time for this one. I have to use another photo. I think I have been doing these challenges since 2019. 

I'm set for the 2023 challenge. I will receive my first theme email some time on Friday. Meanwhile, I have been thinking about who will I choose to journal about? Who Would I Like To Meet?  Well, I let that cat out on the blog on my week 51 blog in 2022.


Thanks for reading. 
#52Ancestors 52 Weeks Challenges For January 2023

God bless
S.A. Blakley 

No comments: