Search This Blog

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Into The Christmas Season

 Happy Birthday, Jesus! Merry Christmas to all!
May we enter in and enjoy this Christmas Week and the Last Week of 2022!

We're into the Christmas Season.  Today, was a special Christmas to gather together as the church, Did you know that Christmas wouldn't  fall on a Sunday  again until 2033?  

The ending of  the Advent Season

I watched online the Christmas Eve candle light and communion services at 4 pm, 6 pm and 8 pm. It was beautiful. We heard the Christmas story of Jesus!  

After I turned off my tablet last night, I laid in bed. I started journaling until I was somewhat sleepy. However, I wasn't sleep, but I turned the lights out. I started praying.

I don't know how long I was up. But, normally, I could stay up till midnight. This time, I laid in bed. Because, the next day, we  would gather as the church on Sunday on Christmas Day.

As for last night, I recall looking at the clock and it was in the 10 pm,  then the 11 pm hour. I drifted off to sleep. Then I awoke up about ten till midnight. I prayed... then at midnight, I wished Jesus a Happy Birthday! I sung Happy Birthday to Him. 

I awaken again in the 4 am hour. Then I drifted back off to sleep. I was awaken by my fitbit. I laid in bed until I finally got up to prepare myself for the Sunday cchurch gathering. 

I made my way to the Upper Room  prayer chapel for the last time in 2022. I prayed. Then I  made my journey to the sanctuary to take photos of the Lord's Table and area. I went to greet some of the people in the foyer, wishing them a Merry Christmas!

The church Christmas gathering

We entered into our gathering and made our confessions. We worshiped, we sung Christmas songs, heard scripture reading and prayed. We listened to the message of The Christmas Angels. It was a nice message. I believe in angles. I thank God for them. 

We made our confessions and came to the Lord's Table to receive communion, We sung our last song. It was our last Sunday gathering in person for the year of 2022. A  blessing was spoken our us. We were sent out about our week with the words God bless, you, go in peace..

We got out about 10 minutes early. We had the opportunity to spoke with some friends. I  told some of them, I'll see them next year. I made my way home for the rest of the day. 

It's been an unusual start on this Christmas Day. It's not like any other. I received text messages from family members, friends and some greetings on social media. 

Praying for those who's are sick or have illness. Those who feel sad and alone; remember, God is with us in whatever situations that we are in. The Prince of Peace is with us. Everything is going to be alright. 

May we enter into the Christmas Season. Rejoicing in the good news of  God becoming flesh and dwelt among us. God sent His Word, His Son to be the Savior of the world. Amen! Merry Christmas!!

Thank for reading. 
Into The Christmas Season

God bless
S.A. Blakley  

No comments: