Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Out Of The "Cold Spell" And Into A Heat Wave

 This sounds weird, But we're in a heat wave in the Winter time.  The high today, was 17 degrees and the low was 2 degrees. It's been in the negatives  for the past 3 days.. We were in the "Cold Snap" or "Cold Spell:" since  Thursday. It's been a long week. 

I didn't go outside that much nor for a long time. I heard that the wind was the worst part of the Wintery Storm. We received snow, but not much. There was ice under the snow. Yes, there was some black ice. 

The wind is still blowing.  But, not as it was the last three coldest days. The wind chill was between 30 to 35 below zero and the wind blowing 30 to 40 miles an hour. I can't recall. 

Yes, it feels like a heat wave with 17 degrees. It's a relief. By next week it may feel like Summertime. I heard there were some people who weren't wearing much outside. 

Last year around this time, we were in the 60's. This was weird weather for us. We did have a power outage last year. I'm glad that we had power this time. 

I'm glad that this artic blast has passed us by. I hope that deep cold air killed the insects that need to be. I don't know how wildlife live outside in the Winter. 

Thanks for reading. 
Out Of The Cold Spell And Into A Heat Wave

God Bless
Happy Christmas Eve!

S.A. Blakley 

No comments: