Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Getting Into The Routine Of Things

Happy 10th Day of Christmas! It's the third day in the new year. I'm doing my best to make some things a habit. I'm getting there.

I'm listening to the second round of votes for the Speaker of The U. S. House.  I don't know who will win. How what will they do it if someone doesn't have the majority of the vote? Someone has to be speaker. 

I'm working on my first week of #52Ancestors 52 Weeks. My title is I'd Like To Meet My Great Grandfather Isaac Blakey. I'm thinking about why do I want to meet him? What do I want to say to him? 

I'm not much on social media, now days. I'm  usual in and out of there. I have a set time of being on social media in 2023. I'm trying to limit my screen time. I think I spend too much time on social media.

I've been doing other things. I'm journaling more. I have limited my time on my computer. I don't want to waste time.

I have noticed that I am getting things done. I have a set time to stop doing things. I need to start doing what I'm doing and have a stopping point. I have less than an  hour to go on my computer. Then  it's log out time. 

I even have a down time before bed. I'm not getting there as I should. But, I plan to get better day by day. I have a quitting time from doing things.

But, last night I had to stay up a little later. I heard the news of the NFL player collapsing on the field. That was so freighting to see. I saw him laying on the field at the time it happened. But, I stopped watching because I was preparing to go to sleep. 

Then, I received a text message from one of my sisters. I jumped out of bed to turn on the TV.  Oh my goodness. This was the time to pray. The people at the game and those watching on were praying for Damar Hamlin. God save his life. 

This year has started off with so much going on. LORD, have mercy on us. Keep us in line with what we need to be doing. Help us to pray for one another and see the good of others. Amen.

May we all get ourselves together in 2023. Amen. 
Getting Into The Routine Of Things
Thanks for reading

God bless 
S.A. Blakley

No comments: