Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2023

My Strength And My Song

It was a beautiful Sunday. I enjoyed the view on the way to (and fro) the Sunday gathering. I'm thankful for those who stopped to chat with me. Christ Be All Around Me. 

Sunday is always a long day in the making for me. I continue to learn how to balance this day. I do like being out and about on Sundays. And now, I'm finally settling down. 

I continue to keep up on my journaling. But, I'm trying not to journal too long. I checked my DNA matches. I wasn't as long on social media as I am on Sundays. I'm slowing down more. 

The Sunday Gathering:
The message was Jesus Christ Is The True Lens Of Scripture by Pastor Brian Zahnd. 

The first two questions that's on the discussion small group for this message.

1.) What was the first Bible you received or purchased for yourself?
My first Bible I received was by Word Of Life Church, I responded to an alter call on September 17, 1993. and received the paper back cop of the New King James Version. I was a first time visitor as well. 

 The first Bible I purchased for myself, cost me  $1. I ordered it through the mail in the late 1980's or early 1990's. It was the hard copy of The Revised English Bible. I still have both Bibles. 

2. ) Do you have a favorite Bible verse? If you have memorized, share it with the group.
 The Lord is my strength and my song,

 and he has become my salvation;

this is my God, and I will praise him,
 my father's God, and I will exalt him.
Exodus 15:2 (ESV)

Thanks for reading.
My Strength And My Song

My goal for the week
I'm listing some of my blessings for this week. 
I'm listing my bees that bring discouragement. 
I'm thinking of why are these discouragement so?
And why do I return to them?

I will focus on the good of things. 
And pray about what distracts my thinking.

I have 83 days to go to my next decade.
I came to Jesus to be my LORD in 1983. 
This March 25th will be my 40th Anniversary! 

Blessings. 
S.A. Blakley

No comments: